SOCIAL MEDIA

March 18, 2015

5 Minute Makeup Tutorial


I am a makeup geek. I love everything about it, trying new products, new colors and playing with different looks really excites me. My mom always told me a girl never leaves home without lipstick. So, I have mastered the art of looking polished even when I'm really short on time. Here are my tips and shortcuts:




MINUTE 1: Tinted Moisturizer

I knock out 2 birds with one stone by applying a tinted moisturizer all over my face and neck with my fingers. This stuff gives me a nice sheer coverage, leaving me with a natural dewey finish. Brownie points if it includes SPF.

MINUTE 2: Cheeks and Lips

A little product goes a long way, so blend this creamy stain over the apples of your cheeks and apply to lips to brighten face. This stick gives you a natural flush look...so pretty!

MINUTE 3: Smudge eyeliner

I line the outer corners of my eyes and smudge it with my fingers so it does not look so severe. If you have time, line the inner rims of the eyes and you can probably skip the mascara. 

MINUTE 4: Brighten eyes / lids

This little creamy eye shadow pencil is a cosmetic staple for me. It has 2 sides, one for brightening the inner eye area (gold shimmer) and the other side I dot and dab on my lids with my finger for an instant eye brightener (a soft blush color). So easy to apply!

MINUTE 5: Mascara

It's rare for me to skip applying mascara. I have long lashes, but they fall straight down, almost covering my eyes. To lift and brighten my eyes, I apply several coats of mascara pushing upward. 


And that's it! A little makeup can make a big difference when you're short on time. 

Thank you so much for stopping by! What are some of your makeup shortcuts? 

Linking up with these fabulous ladies.

4 comments :

  1. I just popped into Ulta today to restock on some of my makeup favorites. Thanks for the guide :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quick make up tutorial and was wondering what color you use on Clinique chubby stick? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Waleska! I bought Roly Poly Rosy. Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love Ulta! Hope you got some goodies :-) Thanks for stopping by, Glenda! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I read each and everyone of them, your support means the world to me. Xo, Monica