B and I like to spend Valentine's Day at home with a nice home cooked meal, wine and an old romantic movie. But, it wouldn't quite be Valentine's Day without flowers and the traditional heart shaped candies, right? So, I've combined all of our favorites into a fun centerpiece that's really simple to make.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 round clear glass vases, one smaller than the other so that you can insert the smaller one inside the larger one.
- Peeps (Yes, they now are made for Valentine's Day and not just Easter!)
- Jelly beans or hard candy of your choice. I am using B's favorite, red malt balls.
- Traditional heart candies, 1 bag.
- Flowers. Pick up an inexpensive bunch at the supermarket. I love tulips, but you can choose your favorite!
- Insert the smaller vase into the larger vase.
- Layer jelly beans or malt balls first, between the two vases, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches high leaving space for the hearts.
- Layer the hearts on top of jelly beans, filling in gaps.
- place the peeps on top of both of these layers and fill in the space behind the peeps with candy, creating a snug fit around the small vase.
- Cut flowers to the desired height and arrange in the center of the smaller vase. Make sure you add water first!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Today, I am linking up with these fabulous bloggers.