August 27, 2014

Styling a Vintage Jumpsuit






Vintage Jumpsuit, love this one and this one // Jessica Simpson Shoes, TJ Maxx, similar // Zara Clutch bag sold in stores, love this one // Loft woven belt // Zara Sunnies, similar // C.Wonder Bracelets // Madewell necklace // Kate Spade bow ring // Essie nail color in Bikini So Teeny

Part of the fun of vintage shopping is rediscovering past trends that I adored wearing growing up.  I came across this vintage navy jumpsuit  just recently while exploring Little Five Points in Atlanta.  A sense of nostalgia come over me as I slipped it on. Suddenly, I was transported back in time to the 80's when Janet Jackson made shoulders pads, high waisted pants and militant unisex wear look ├╝ber cool in her music videos.  Yes, I proudly rocked the 80's and 90's with oversized shoulder pads and the big shellac hair.

Vintage styling tip:

To modernize a vintage garment, play with new accessories; a new belt, a great pair of heels and a sharp bag will make any outfit current. Gold jewelry also adds a modern flare. I like to go up a size or two for a looser fit so that I can belt,  roll up the sleeves or cuff the pants for an edgy vibe. If it's a little too big but you love it, buy it and get it altered!

Check out this short video on how to style a jumpsuit three ways, no matter what age and body type.


More jumpsuits to love:






Thanks so much for reading!

Linked up with:
What I wore Wednesday, Random Wednesday, I feel Pretty, Trend Spin, Fashion Item Friday

10 comments:

  1. And modernize it you did indeed. This looks fantastic! Don't you just love vintage? I can't get enough of it. I recently discovered a vintage/consignment store that gets many of its pieces from the movie sets. It was like a shoppers dream. I picked up an amazing turtleneck that I can't wait to style when it gets cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not my first time to go to see this
    web site (), i
    am browsing this website dailly and get pleasant data from here
    everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you styled the jumpsuit and cuffs!

    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda, that sounds like an amazing vintage store! Can't wait to see your turtleneck! Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica, I don't know what it is but I cannot bring myself to wear a romper or a jumpsuit. I think they are great on EVERYONE else, ...just not me. I endured chemo, I think I have a right to ignore the romper or jumpsuit! lol

    You look amazing in it. You styled it perfectly {ILOVEYOURHEELS} Thanks for all the well wishing and fun support! Have a super weekend, too!!!

    The scarf is just played with. I just have it wrapped around my neck, no not just laying there. It is a big square scarf so that helps, too. I am glad you like it.


    www.simplesequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great vintage find! Thank you for joining Renae & I at Fashion Item Friday! Ax

    http://inmamaswardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classy lady, you look great in this super vintage find. Love it! P x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I read each and everyone of them, your support means the world to me. Don't forget to post your link to your blog so I can stop by! Xo, Monica

 

design + development by fabulous k