SOCIAL MEDIA

February 18, 2016

Hydrating and Repairing Your Skin Through Winter




Winter is one of my favorite seasons, but it wreaks havoc on my skin. Between the outdoor chill, the heater, and traveling, my skin is screaming for hydration.  My daily moisturizer is no longer enough to battle this beast. Drinking tons of water is not enough for me, I knew I had to find products to hydrate and treat my skin. STAT.  I recently discovered some "repair" treatments that have made a huge difference and is worth sharing with you.


Skin Repair Treatments:

My daily routine consists of a morning and evening night cream along with an anti-aging serum. I use primer before I apply my makeup and set it with a translucent powder.  Lately, the powder started settling into the fine lines around my eyes making my skin appear dryer than normal. When I explained this to a makeup professional at the Nordstrom counter, they suggested to stop using powder, try a water primer and use a repair eye treatment.

Smashbox Primer Water: This water not only works as a primer, but it also sets your makeup with a delicate spray mist. This has been the most noticeable change to my skin, leaving it soft to the touch.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye: I have never tried any treatment like this! The consistency of this treatment is a gel-like cream that glides on like silk when it touches your delicate
eye area. The fine lines around my eyes have dramatically improved.

Clinique Lip Repairwear Treatment: Don't forget to treat your lips too! I use a sugar scrub once every two weeks to remove any chapped skin. I recently discovered Clinique's Lip Repair treatment which helps hydrate and reduce wrinkles on and around the lips.  I apply it in the morning and at bedtime. My lips have never felt better.


Hydrating makeup must haves:

In addition to adding repair treatments, I have also switched from a powder contour and highlighter to a cream base for a more dewy look. Clinique has come out with an array of skin products that have completely transformed my skin. And NO, this is not a paid post, haha! All opinions are my own. I now carry all of the above in my makeup bag wherever I go!

Face and cheeks: Clinique Chubby Sticks are so easy to use. You draw a line on your cheek and blend, nothing complicated. They are creamy and leave a dewey. natural glow on my skin. The rose color chubby stick can be used as a blush and a lip balm throughout the day. The Clinique Cheek Pop is a silky cream-to-powder formula that looks like a natural flush instead of makeup. Love this!

Eyes: Clinique Pep-Start eye cream instantly brightens and hydrates my eye area making me look refreshed. Plus, it contains natural peptides to promote natural collagen. It is a Sephora exclusive, and a definite must have if you need an instant pick me-up.

Lorac Alter Ego Lip Gloss: I don't usually like lip gloss because of the tacky feel, but I love this one! It's rich and hydrating to get me through winter and no need to wear anything else on my lips.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: The name alone made me want to try this product, and after reading great  reviews and trying it for myself, it did not disappoint. The brush is very thick, so application can get a little messy if you don't have a steady hand. Love!

That's what is in my make up bag lately! Do you have any hydrating products that you can't live without?





Thanks so much for stopping by! Today, I am linking up with these fabulous blogs, be sure to stop by and show them some love!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I read each and everyone of them, your support means the world to me. Xo, Monica