SOCIAL MEDIA

January 23, 2016

Five Ways to Avoid Blogger Burnout



Hello friends! After a long and much needed hiatus, I am ready to come back to the blogging community that I love so much.  Taking a break from my camera and all of my screens has been really good for my soul.  I want to share a story with you of why I almost gave up on blogging and how I found my way back.

Here is how it all started...

I launched GlamVolution in 2012 as an outlet to share my love for vintage, my adventures in thrift shopping and an occasional DIY.  As my personal style evolves, I find new ways to incorporate my vintage treasures with today's fashion trends. Whether it's vintage jewelry or an antique crystal vase, sophisticated glamour never goes out of style. It's an evolution.

Here is how the story turns...

As a fashion blogger, I spend a lot of time putting on makeup, coordinating the perfect outfits, scouting locations for photo shoots, posing, editing photos, writing copy and working on blog analytics. It's a lot of work and I really don't mind, except for those days when I just want to wear sweats, pull back my hair and just chill. I found myself buying a lot of stuff to keep up with today's trends and it quickly became expensive and straight up exhausting. I continued to plug along with what seemed like a cookie cutter style blog. But, I soon fell into a cycle of self doubt. I lost my focus and started asking myself why I was blogging? At the end of 2015, I was ready to throw in the towel. 

So, I decided to take time away from it all until I could find my direction again. I want to push myself and return to my roots. I am an artist, an author and a teacher. I'm a vintage lover, a designer and a tailor. I LOVE to create things!  I'm also a mother, a wife and a business woman.  I want to blend all of these things harmoniously and push to be even more authentic, even if I am not wearing popular head-to-toe fashion labels. 

I have come up with a list of 5 things that I am still working on that may help you if; you are thinking about creating your own blog, or if you are close to burning out:

1.) Remember why you decided to create your blog. Do it because you LOVE it. 
2.) Family First. Always. Treat your blog as a business and set regular office hours. Do not get caught up in trying to make all of life's moments into an Instagram shot! Be in the moment. 
3.) Find your niche. What makes you different from other blogs? Don't be afraid to be yourself and express your own unique style.
4.) Take the time to learn blogging skills; photography, social media, photo shop, and how to increase your following. Never stop learning.
5.) DO NOT say yes to every collaboration that gets presented to you. Receiving free stuff is fun, but it may compromise your blog if your readers feel you are trying to sell them. Be selective. Ask yourself if the product is something that you would truly buy. Get paid for your time if you do say yes. Sometimes the brand will gift you the merchandise in exchange for a post and this isn't a bad thing.

Blogging can be a lot of fun and I am very excited to share more of my many hobbies. Many well known fashion bloggers are able to make a great living with their blogs. For me personally, I am very grateful for all the opportunities that this platform has brought my way. My hope is to inspire you and learn from others how to make life more beautiful, one blog post at a time.

Do you have any tips on how to avoid blogger burn out?


Today, I am linking up with these fabulous bloggers. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I read each and everyone of them, your support means the world to me. Xo, Monica