SOCIAL MEDIA

May 19, 2014

Makeup Tutorial :: My Natural Daytime Glow


To get my natural makeup look, I only need 125 products and 2 hours.  Okay, not exactly, who has time for that?! However,  looking natural without a little bit of help is not an option for me.  You see, I'm a makeup addict. My mother-in-law (mom) got me hooked on good skincare and makeup in my early 20's.  Thanks to mom, I now have pretty good skin for a woman my age.  If you are in your twenties, now is the time to start, ladies!

My Daily Skincare Routine


The number one skincare rule for natural beautiful skin is to moisturize daily, a.m. and p.m. after you wash your face.  I am a fan of Lancome skincare and have used it religiously in my 20's and 30's.  However, as I age, I tend to use different  products, depending on the needs of my skin.  I am currently trying a dermatologist strength line,  Exuviance Age Reverse,  which is supposed to help even out my skin.  I have a lot of freckles, which I like, but I also have uneven areas. This stuff is making my skin appear healthier and also gives me a nice radiant glow.  Tip: I exfoliate my face once a week with Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean.  This removes any flakiness, unclogs pores and leaves skin clean from any impurities. 


My Makeup Routine



Face:  Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer with spf15,  Laura Mercier Radiance foundation primer, Laura Mercier translucent powder, eye shadow base, & concealer, Laura Mercier Moisture foundation with spf15

Cheeks:  Laura Geller cream stick blush, Baked bronzer, kabuki brush, foundation brush

Eyes:  Bobbie Brown eye palette, Smashbox eyeshadows, concealer brush, eyeshadow brush, blender brush, eyeliner brush

Lips, brows, lashes:  Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler, CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara, Givenchy lipstick, Chanel lip liner, Chanel eyebrow pencil, Bobbie Brown gel eyeliner and eyeliner brush

Click below to read full post:

Face


1.  After applying moisturizer and eye cream, I apply foundation primer, concealer and foundation. I am using radiance primer and a tinted moisturizer with an spf15 as my foundation for the day.  If I want more coverage or for an evening event,  I will use a rich cream foundation. 

2.  I apply concealer with a concealer brush softly under the eye area as well as around the lips to keep my lipstick from running. I finish by pressing a translucent powder to set my foundation before going on to the next step. 

3. & 4.   For hot summer days,  I like wearing a cream blush. It tends to stay on longer, plus it adds a nice dewy look to my skin.  I take a foundation brush, smile and lightly sweep upwards towards my ears. 

5. & 6.   Once I apply my blush, I blend it well with my bronzer and a large soft kabuki brush.  I tap and swirl the bronzer brush all over my cheeks and the "T" zone area; my forehead and nose.

Eyes


I apply an eyeshadow base to keep my eyeshadow from fading away.  With a large blender shadow brush I apply a light pink/beige shadow all over my lid, up to the brow bone. Follow the next few steps for more of my tips.


1.  Take a medium shadow brush and apply a darker shade into the crease of the eye. Keeping my eyes open as I apply, lets me target exactly where I want the shading. Sweeping the shadow upwards towards the outer corners of the eye. Blend well.

2.  Using a fine small liner brush, I add a touch of off white shadow in the inner corners of my eyes. This helps me look wide awake and helps cover any darkness that may appear. Before moving on to the next step, I use the same large shadow brush I used in step 1 and blend, blend, blend my eyeshadow really well to soften the look.

3.  Using an ultra fine eyeliner brush, follow the lash line closely from the outer part of the eye to the inner. Don't worry if you can't do a straight line, you can tap on small lines and then go back and smooth it out. For a more dramatic look, I sweep the liner upwards to create a cat eye.

4. & 5.  I curl my lashes before applying mascara. Tip: Heat the lash curler with your blow dryer (not too hot) for tighter, lasting curl.

6. I use a q-tip with a touch of translucent eye powder to clean up any mascara fall-out. The powder will also set my concealer.


Tip:  If you feel that the eyeliner is too dark or too much, you can always soften it up by going over it with eyeshadow. I like to use a navy blue or a dark brown over the black eyeliner for my day look.  Gel liner dries quickly, but you can create a smudge look with the eyeshadow over it.

Eyebrows and Lips


1. & 2.  Thick luscious eyebrows are hot right now. But not unruly ones like mine.  I use Chanel's eyebrow brush to tame them and the gel to fill in any spots.

3.  I line and color my lips with one shade darker than my natural lip color.  

4.  Tip: After I apply my lip color, I press my lips with a tissue.  I then add a touch of off white shadow to the center of my bottom lip with a q-tip.  I then apply another coat of lip color over it. This will give you the appearance of fuller lips!

The before and after...


I'm happy to share my makeup routine with you. Please feel free to share any of your tips or products that you have tried that you feel may be even better than the ones I am currently using, I would love to hear them!

Thanks so much for reading!
Linked up with:
Monday Must Haves, Mix it Monday'sMore Pieces of Me: Manic MondayOn The Daily Express: Manic Monday, Style Sessions, Stylish Tuesdays

5 comments :

  1. You look pretty either way...Natural or made-up.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning without makeup....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely. I am stopping by to say hello and wish you happiness. It is nice getting to know new people through the group giveaway at the Freckled Fox. I hope you will share thos post at my hop tomorrow.

    Hugs, Katherine

    P.S> following you on facebook and twitter now ( wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you captioned these as "natural" and "enhanced" vs. before and after! Because your "natural" look is still very much beautiful regardless! I'm so glad you shared these tips! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I read each and everyone of them, your support means the world to me. Xo, Monica